2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 yellow onion chopped
1 medium zucchini chopped
1 tsp minced garlic
2 cups fresh tomatoes, diced
1 can black beans
1 can red kidney beans
1 can cannellini or great northern beans
1 can pinto beans or black eyed peas
1 can garbanzo beans
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
2 Tbsp brown sugar
sriracha or other hot sauce (optional)
salt and pepper
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Drain and rinse all beans.
- Add onions, zucchini, and garlic to pot and cook until tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, beans and corn and and mix well.
- Add sugar to mix and shake in a generous amount of each seasoning (1-2 tsp), add hot sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on medium heat until mixture forms a hot soup consistency (10-15 minutes) or if using a crock-pot, cook on low for 1-3 hours.
- Serve with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and corn chips.