2 cups quinoa & 4 cups water
2/3 cup goji berries (or cranberries)
12 oz pkg frozen soybeans, cooked to pkg directions (or 15oz can drained, rinsed
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 large red onion
2 small cloves garlic
1 heaping tbsp orange zest
1.5 lemons, juice only (3 Tbsp)
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp honey
1 bunch parsley, (about 1 cup finely chopped)
1-2 leaves kale, (about 1 cup finely chopped)
salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly under cold water, preheat oven to 400*
- Place quinoa and water into a medium sized pot, bring to a boil on medium high heat. In a separate pot, cook soy beans according to package directions, set aside.
- When quinoa boils, stir in Goji berries. Put lid on pot and reduce heat to low. Let cook on low heat for 20 minutes, don’t lift lid.
- Spread walnuts out on an un-greased baking sheet. bake in the center of hot oven for 3-5 minutes.
- Dressing: Mince garlic into a fine paste. Wash orange thoroughly then zest off about half the peel (yield 1 heaping Tbsp of zest.) In a small jar, combine garlic, orange zest, lemon juice, oil, honey, chili powder and salt and pepper to taste. Seal jar and shake until dressing mixture is well combined.
- After 20 minutes, remove quinoa from heat and remove lid. Fluff with a fork. Add the dressing and toss well. Let cool for 5-10 minutes, transfer to large mixing bowl.
- Finely chop red onion, parsley and kale, add to bowl. Add soybeans to bowl. Stir salad, add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle in toasted walnuts. Refrigerate.