3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs, at room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup sour cream
3 tbsp lemon juice
Heavy-duty foil for pan
- Graham cracker crust: Crush/process 1.5 sleeve graham crackers. Stir in 3 tbsp sugar, 1 stick melted butter. Press into bottom and sides of springform pan. Bake at 325* for 10 min.
- Adjust oven rack to middle position. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Tear off two long strips of heavy-duty foil, overlap in a cross pattern, and set springform pan in the middle. Bring up sides, crimping around exterior top of the pan and forming a tight seal. Set it in a roasting pan large enough to hold it. Bring tea kettle of water to a boil, then turn off heat.
- Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually add sugar and beat on medium speed until fully incorporated. Scrape down bowl sides and beat again until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, scraping down bowl after each addition to ensure a creamy batter. Slowly beat in vanilla, then cream, sour cream, and lemon juice.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Set the roasting pan on oven rack and pour in enough boiling water to come halfway up the side of the springform pan.
- Bake until cake perimeter is set but center still jiggles, about 40 minutes. Turn off heat and leave oven door ajar; let cheesecake sit in oven so the residual heat continues to cook it, about 30 minutes.
- Remove pan from water; set on a wire rack. Let cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until well-chilled, about 3 hours (can be refrigerated up to 4 days).
- Run a sharp knife around the edge of the pan, loosen the spring siding and serve.