graham cracker crust:
1.5 sleeves graham crackers (~13 full crackers)
3 Tbsp sugar
½ cup butter, melted (1 stick)
3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs, at room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup sour cream
3 tbsp lemon juice
Heavy-duty foil for pan
- Prepare graham cracker crust: Preheat oven to 325*F. Use a food processor to pulverize graham crackers. Pour cracker crumbs into a medium bowl. Stir in sugar, then melted butter. Mix well. Press mixture into bottom and sides of spring-form pan. Bake for 10 min. Cool.
- Prepare filling: In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually add sugar and beat on medium speed until fully incorporated. Scrape down bowl sides and beat again until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, scraping down bowl after each addition to ensure a creamy batter. Slowly beat in vanilla, then cream, sour cream, and lemon juice.
- Pour batter into prepared crust. Place cake on center rack of oven. Set a roasting pan on the lowest oven rack and fill it with boiling water. (the moisture creates a gentler baking environment for the cake)
- Bake until cake perimeter is set but center still jiggles, about 40 minutes. Turn off heat and leave oven door ajar; let cheesecake sit in oven so the residual heat continues to cook it, about 30 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven; set on a wire rack. Let cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until well-chilled, about 3 hours (can be refrigerated up to 4 days).
- Run a sharp knife around the edge of the pan, loosen the spring siding and serve.