1 (9 inch) unbaked deep dish pie crust
½ cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
(or sub 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice for all spices)
1/2 teaspoon salt
15 oz can 100% Pure Pumpkin (or 16 oz cooked pumpkin (½ of a pie pumpkin)
12 oz can Evaporated Milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Combine sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in small bowl.
- Beat eggs lightly in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Pour into pie shell. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F.; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. (Do not freeze as this will cause the crust to separate from the filling.)
*if using normal pie pan, there will be extra pie filling (fills one mini muffin tin perfectly)