10 day-old French bread
5 eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 cup milk
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 16oz pkg frozen, sweetened whole strawberries
4 firm bananas, sliced
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp apple pie spice
1 Tbsp cinnamon sugar
1. Place bread slices in a large shallow baking dish.
2. Combine eggs, milk, vanilla and baking powder, pour over bread. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
3. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
4. In a bowl, combine strawberries, bananas, sugar and pie spice; pour into a different greased 13x9x2 baking dish.
5. Arrange prepared bread on top of fruit mixture. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake uncovered at 400*F for 30-35 minutes.