2 cups flour
2 tsp cinnamon
Dash chili powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup canola oil
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp lemon juice
3 cups shredded cooked pumpkin (1 pie pumpkin works perfectly)
- Preheat oven to 325*. Grease 9x5x3 loaf pan.
- In medium sized bowl, sift together flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In large bowl, beat sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla, and lemon juice until mixed.
- Fold shredded pumpkin into sugar mixture.
- Fold flour mixture into pumpkin mixture, pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hr 15 minutes (30 minutes for muffins), let cool.
*Bread will be best/gooiest the following day, when pumpkin juices settle.