4 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups butter, softened
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
12oz semi-sweet chocolate chunks or chips
1. Preheat oven to 375*
2. In medium sized bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
3. In large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed until creamy.
4. Add eggs and vanilla, scrap sides of bowl while continuing to beat.
5. Reduce speed to low, gradually add in flour mixture, Mix well.
6. Stir in chocolate chips
7. Drop by 1/4 cupfuls, 2-inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10-14 minutes until light golden brown (don’t overbake!) Let stand 1-2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets. Makes 26 jumbo cookies.
* For normal sized cookies, drop by rounded tablespoonfuls, bake 10-12 minutes. 48 cookies.