3/4 cup green pepper, chopped
3/4 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup butter or margarine
10 slices sandwich bread, cubed
10 oz frozen spinach, thawed, drained
1 cup fresh tomato, chopped
1/2 lb American cheese, cubed
2 cups milk
1 tsp ground mustard
1 tsp Italian seasoning
- In a skillet, saute green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Remove pepper and onion, reserve drippings.
- Combine pepper, onion, spinach, tomato and bread in ungreased 13x9x2 baking dish.
- Add cheese to drippings; cook and stir over low heat until cheese melts. Pour over bread mixture.
- Beat eggs, milk and mustard; pour over cheese. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake uncovered at 300* for 1 hour.