12 ounces Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
10 ounces Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
6 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup chopped walnuts
1. In double boiler over hot water, melt bittersweet chocolate chips and butter.
2. In large bowl with electric mixer or whisk, beat eggs and sugar until thick; stir into chocolate mixture. In small bowl, stir together flour and baking powder; stir into chocolate mixture. Gently mix in semi-sweet chocolate chips and walnuts.
3. Using a sheet of plastic wrap, form dough into two logs, each 2 inches in diameter and about 12 inches long. As dough will be quite soft, use plastic wrap to hold dough in log shape. Wrap tightly; refrigerate at least 1 hour or until firm.
4. Heat oven to 375°F. Unwrap dough; with sharp knife, cut into 3/4 inch slices. Place slices 1 1/2 inches apart on greased or parchment-lined cookie sheet.
5. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until shiny crust forms on top but interior is still soft. Cool on baking sheet; store in airtight tin up to 1 week.