1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. of salt
1/4 tsp. of baking soda
1/2 cup of butter at room temperature
1/2 cup of tightly packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup of granulated sugar (I used 1/2)
1 egg (beaten)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter chips
1/2 cup broken up pretzel pieces
Preztel Salt or Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, beat the butter and sugars together on medium speed until light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes). On low speed, slowly add the beaten egg and vanilla extract. Beat to combine, scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the flour mixture and beat just until there are no more streaks of flour. Stir in the chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and pretzels. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Scoop out well rounded tablespoons of the dough and sprinkle with pretzel salt. (I topped them with more pretzel pieces) Place scoops on baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between each ball (even though they don’t spread much) Bake for 8-10 minutes. If you prefer crispier cookies increase the baking time by 1-2 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before removing.