2 medium zucchini ( 1 lb ) stems removed, grated
1 tsp salt
2 eggs lightly beaten
2 scallions diced
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup parsley, chopped (optional)
1/4 cup tarragon, chopped (optional)
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp olive oil (for cooking)
1 cup sour cream
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp minced garlic
pinch of salt
- Preheat over to 200* Chop zucchini with food processor or cheese grater. Toss in 1 tsp salt, set aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine rest of ingredients (except olive oil) in large bowl. Whisk to form a smooth batter (1-2 minutes)
- Squeeze all excess water out of zucchini, blot with a paper towel. Fold zucchini into batter.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, Drop 3-4 scoops of batter into skillet. Cook 3 minutes on each side (until lightly browned.) Place fritters on baking sheet in oven to keep warm. Repeat with rest of batter.
- Combine sour cream, lemon juice, garlic and salt in a small bowl, mix well. top each fritter with a spoonful, or serve in a small bowl on the side.
- Fritters can be refrigerated up to 1 week or frozen up to 2 months. To reheat, bake in 325* oven until crisp.