Adapted from thekitchn.com
1 sleeve honey graham crackers
1 stick butter, melted
2 Tbsp sugar
1 stick butter
3 Tbsp cocoa powder (or 1 oz square unsweetened chocolate)
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Crush or process the graham crackers into fine crumbs. Stir in sugar and melted butter and mix well. Push into bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie pan.
- Bake crust 8 minutes. Remove from oven, and set aside until completely cool. Lower oven temperature to 325°.
- For the filling, heat the butter and cocoa powder in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring until smooth.
- Remove mixture from heat. Stir in sugar until well combined. Stir in eggs, vanilla, and salt and mix well.
- Pour filling into crust and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until top is puffed and the center is just set. If crust starts to brown, cover pie with aluminum foil and continue baking.
- Remove pie from oven and cool 20 – 30 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature. Serve with fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.