1 pie crust, baked and cooled
1 quart (32oz) strawberries, hulled, sliced
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
3 Tbsp corn starch
4 Tbsp dry strawberry jello powder
2-3 drops red food coloring
- Arrange strawberry slices in pie shell, packing tightly.
- Combine sugar, water and corn starch in sauce pan over medium heat. Cook and stir until mixture is clear and thickened. Stir in food coloring.
- Remove mixture from heat and stir in jello powder.
- Let mixture cool slightly, then pour over berries. Be sure all nooks are filled in.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours. Serve with cool whip.