2 Pie Crusts, thawed
2 large red bell peppers
1/2 cup onion, diced
3 handfuls fresh spinach, rinsed well and drained
1 small onion, diced finely
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
2 cup heavy cream or half and half
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
dash of cayenne pepper or chili powder
- Prepare pie crusts or thaw frozen pie crusts. Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Roast the red peppers: Coat your peppers with olive oil and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes, flipping the pepper every 5 minutes, so that each side blisters. Remove from oven, let cool. Discard seeds and stem, and dice the pepper.
- In a medium sized frying pan, drizzle some olive oil and add in diced onion. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Turn off heat and add in spinach. Cook just until wilted and transfer to large bowl
- In a large bowl mix together spinach, onions, and red pepper. Divide mixture evenly between pie crusts. Top with shredded cheddar and blend the mixture a little with your fingers.
- Whisk together the heavy cream, eggs, and spices until smooth. Pour this mixture over the filling, and level out best you can.
- Place pies in over and place a cookie sheet or foil underneath to catch any drippings. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until light golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving. Makes 2 Quiches.