4 Tbsp Olive Oil, divided
1/2 Onion, sliced into thin strips
1/2 Green Pepper, sliced into thin strips
1 package (12oz) Smart Ground Meatless Original Crumbles
1 tsp minced garlic
1 cup leftover red wine
8 Slices white american cheese (~ 1/4 lb)
4 Long sandwich rolls
Salt and Pepper
- In a medium skillet, heat 2 Tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and peppers and cook until soft. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 Tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Add the meatless crumbles and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Slowly add the red wine to the crumbles. Cook, stirring regularly until wine cooks down and crumbles are saturated and juicy. Remove from heat.
- Place one slice of cheese in each roll. Top with Lightlife meatless crumbles, onions, peppers and a second slice of cheese.
- Place sandwiches on a baking sheet under a broiler for 1 minute – just until cheese melts on top. Serve with ketchup and enjoy!