4 medium red skin potatoes, rinsed chopped
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
1 Tbsp fresh garlic, minced (2-3 cloves)
8oz Meatless Crumbles
1 cup leftover red wine (or cooking wine)
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
3 Tbsp margarine (or butter)
1/2 cup soy milk (or regular milk)
salt and pepper to taste
- Fill a large pot with water, add potatoes and bring to a boil. Cook 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are soft and mash-able. Meanwhile…
- Heat oil in cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté 2 minutes or until onions start to get soft. Add in Meatless Crumbles and sauté 4-5 minute, browning the crumbles.
- Add wine to the skillet and let simmer until wine cooks down and the crumbles are juicy. Turn off heat and even out crumbles with spatula. Preheat oven to 350*F
- Put veggies in a small bowl and thaw in microwave for 1-2 minutes. Layer veggies on top of crumbles, even out with spatula.
- When potatoes are done, drain out water and add milk and margarine to pot. Mash all together, season with salt and pepper and stir well.
- Spread mashed potatoes over veggie layer. Bake for 15 minutes. If desired, broil for a minute or two to make top slightly golden. Let cool slightly before serving.