2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup onion, diced
1 12oz package tempeh
1/4 cup Franks Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
8 slices bread
4 Tbsp mayo
4 leaves green-leaf lettuce
4 slices fresh tomato
4oz gorgonzola or blue cheese
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Slice tempeh into 1/4″ slices
- Add onion and tempeh slices to pan and cook until tender, 5 minutes or so. Reduce heat, stir in buffalo sauce. Cook 2 minutes and turn off heat.
- Toast bread just slightly to give it a little crunch. Spread 4 of the slices with 1 Tbsp mayo each. Spread the other 4 with 1oz of cheese each
- Place 1 leaf of lettuce and 1 slice of tomato on each mayo slice.
- Top each cheese slice with tempeh slices and onions.
- Place tomato halves on top of tempeh halves and slice each sandwich in half. Serve with chips and/or celery. Makes 4 sandwiches.