3 large sweet potatoes, peeled, cubed
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp lemon juice
3 Tbsp butter or margarine
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Fill a large pot with cold water and add potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender and fork-mashable. Turn off heat, drain potatoes and return to pot.
- Add butter and sugar to potatoes and begin mashing with a potato-masher.
- When potatoes are well-mashed, stir in lemon juice and vanilla. Mix well, using electric beaters if desired. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350*F. In a small saucepan melt 3 Tbsp butter or margarine. Stir in breadcrumbs and pecans and toss until well coated. Turn off heat.
- Lightly grease a medium-sized baking pan, spread sweet potato mixture into pan evenly. Top with pecan/crumb mixture and bake 30 minutes, until top is brown and crispy. Let cool slightly and serve.