2 Pie Crusts, thawed
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 large onions, sliced
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup sharp cheddar, shredded
4oz goat cheese, crumbled
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
dash of cayenne pepper
- Prepare pie crusts or thaw frozen pie crusts. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium-sized frying pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the sliced onion. Sauté until caramelized (soft and golden in color) about 10 minutes. Turn off heat and let cool slightly.
- Divide onions evenly between pie crusts. Top with cheddar and goat cheese, and blend the mixture a little with your fingers.
- Whisk together the heavy cream, eggs, and spices until smooth. Pour this mixture into the pie crusts and level out the filling best you can.
- Place pies in oven and place a cookie sheet or foil underneath to catch any drippings. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until light golden brown. Remove pies from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving. Makes 2 Quiches.