1 roll Aluminum Foil
6 Tbsp Butter or Margarine, divided
1 sweet potato, peeled
1 green pepper
Chalula hot sauce and/or salsa
1 package Mahatama yellow (safron) rice
- Tear 2 extremely long (36″) foil pieces, fold each one in half (18″) shiny side out. Using 3 Tbsp butter, grease one side of each piece.
- Chop all vegetables into small cubes*. Place veggies on greased side of one foil piece. Season with taco seasoning/salt/pepper/whatever you have on hand and Chalula or salsa
- place other piece of foil over top (greased-side-down) and roll up edges on each side to seal.
- Place foil pocket on grill/grate over open flame and cook 20 minutes or so, flipping regularly. MEANWHILE…
- Cook yellow rice according to package directions (using other 3 Tbsp of butter)
- When rice and veggies are done, open up foil pocket (let cool for a minute to avoid burns) and pour rice over top. Stir it all together and eat it with your spork. Yum!
*Veggies can be chopped and zip-locked pre-trip to save some time and hassle in the woods.