8oz Bakers semi-sweet chocolate
1 cup peanut butter
3 Tbsp butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- Prepare candy surface by covering 1-2 baking sheets with wax paper, or I like to use thin flexible plastic cutting boards.
- In a medium sized bowl combine peanut butter and butter. Stir until completely blended. Add in coconut and stir until evenly distributed.
- Slowly stir in powdered sugar. Mix well and form into a ball.
- Break ball in to Tbsp-sized blobs and place on pans/boards. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Break up chocolate into small pieces. In a double boiler over low heat, begin to melt chocolate. Stir frequently to prevent burning.
- When blobs are cold and chocolate is melted, remove chocolate from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Working one-at-a-time drop a blob into the chocolate. Coat adequately with chocolate (using a spoon or fork) and use a fork as a scoop or two fingers to remove blob to wax paper. My advice for this procedure is to drop the blobs in with one hand and remove them with the other. That way only one hand gets super messy.
- Continue with rest of blobs and let them sit at room temperature until chocolate hardens. Then gobble them up, or share with friends!