1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp nutmeg
3 tsp ground cinnamon
2-3 cups grated zucchini
1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325* F. Grease two 8 x 4 inch bread pans (~6 mini loaf pans).
- Grate zucchini with cheese grater, or pulse in a food processor or Vitamix until shredded. empty into colander and set aside to drain. Squeeze with a towel once before using.
- In a large bowl combine sugars, oil, eggs and vanilla. Beat with electric mixer until well combined.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon. Mix well. Stir in flax if desired.
- Add dry ingredients to the egg mixture and beat until combined.
- Stir in grated zucchini and nuts until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. (35-40 for mini loafs)
- Let bread cool in pan on a rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan and serve.