7 cups vegetable broth
3 Tbsp butter
1 1/4 cups finely chopped onion
2 lbs butternut squash, peeled, halved, seeded, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (1 large squash)
2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped, divided
2 cups Arborio rice (risotto)
1/2 cup dry white wine
4 cups (packed) baby spinach leaves
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Bring broth to boil in a large saucepan. Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Melt butter in large, heavy pot (large cast iron skillet is great) over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add in squash and 1 1/2 teaspoons rosemary; sauté 4 minutes to coat with butter.
- Add rice and stir 2 minutes. Add wine and simmer until evaporated, about 1 minute. Add 3 cups of hot broth, bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until rice is just tender and risotto is creamy and slightly soupy, adding more broth by 1/2 cupfuls as needed to maintain consistency and, stirring occasionally, about 18 minutes.
- Stir in spinach, cream and Parmesan cheese. Let spinach wilt a bit then transfer risotto to large serving dish. Sprinkle with goat cheese and remaining 1/2 teaspoon rosemary and serve.