1 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp sea salt, divided
3 cups oats (regular or instant)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325° F. In a large bowl beat butter, sugars and vanilla with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, and 1/2 tsp salt. Mix well.
- Gradually beat flour mixture into sugar mixture, just until blended. Fold in oats and chocolate chips
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto un-greased baking sheets. Sprinkle tops with remaining sea salt.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until golden around edges. Cool on baking sheet 5 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.