2 Tbsp Oil
6 Fakin’ Bacon Tempeh strips
8 slices sourdough bread
4 Tbsp Just Mayo (or other vegan mayo)
4 leaves green-leaf lettuce
4 slices fresh tomato
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Cut tempeh slices in half lengthwise.
- Add tempeh slices to pan and cook until edges are brown, 6 minutes or so, flipping halfway through. Remove from pan and let cool slightly.
- Toast bread just slightly to give it a little crunch. Spread each slice with 1 Tbsp mayo.
- Divide tempeh slices between two bread slices. Top with lettuce. Top with tomato slices then season with salt and pepper. Top with remaining bread slices.
- Halve each sandwich. Serve with chips. Makes 2 sandwiches.